23 replies to this topic

#1 LookyLookyMissCookie

LookyLookyMissCookie

Patriot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 01:04 PM

I use a ps3 wireless headset. the sound plays through my tv. how do i switch it to hear through my headset.

#2 rotty119

rotty119

Gunny

• Active Duty
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • LocationGrant Pass OR

Posted 01 January 2017 - 01:09 PM

are you asking about voice coming thru your mic?  or all of the game sound and voice? you can get all of the sound thru a headset. there's no separate channel for voice yet.  at least i haven't figured it out yet!

Edited by rotty119, 01 January 2017 - 01:12 PM.

PC FTW

q3e1bb.png

#3 LookyLookyMissCookie

LookyLookyMissCookie

Patriot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 01:14 PM

My voice goes thur headset which i want but i hear the other people thur my tv. i want to hear them thur headset. i want game sound thur tv

#4 rotty119

rotty119

Gunny

• Active Duty
  • 261 posts
  • LocationGrant Pass OR

Posted 01 January 2017 - 01:14 PM

is your mic working but voices are being blared thru your tv? i hate that as well. my kids can here hhour converstion!

PC FTW

q3e1bb.png

#5 rotty119

rotty119

Gunny

• Active Duty
  • 261 posts
  • LocationGrant Pass OR

Posted 01 January 2017 - 01:15 PM

is your mic working but voices are being blared thru your tv? i hate that as well. my kids can here hhour converstion!

sorry you posted. yes its not available. your stuck with tv sound

PC FTW

q3e1bb.png

#6 rotty119

rotty119

Gunny

• Active Duty
  • 261 posts
  • LocationGrant Pass OR

Posted 01 January 2017 - 01:17 PM

if u own a turtle beach style headset, u can have all sound and mic sound combined

PC FTW

q3e1bb.png

#7 SiMpLiFiEDChAoS

SiMpLiFiEDChAoS

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 January 2017 - 05:16 PM

I'm just wondering, since you can play with a PS4 controller hooked up to the PC, is it possible to plug a mic/headphones/headset into the PS4 controller and use that as a headset?

I don't have a PS4 mic and the PS3 mic isn't compatible with PS4 so I use my Samsung Galaxy headphones that have a built in mic for voice chat on PS4, I'm wondering if someone could use this method to get voice chat through headphones/headset on H Hour for PC.

Edited by SiMpLiFiEDChAoS, 01 January 2017 - 05:16 PM.

#8 (BRN) Spazz Brown

(BRN) Spazz Brown

Mod Manager

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4449 posts
  • LocationMasshole

Posted 02 January 2017 - 03:52 PM

I'm just wondering, since you can play with a PS4 controller hooked up to the PC, is it possible to plug a mic/headphones/headset into the PS4 controller and use that as a headset?

I don't have a PS4 mic and the PS3 mic isn't compatible with PS4 so I use my Samsung Galaxy headphones that have a built in mic for voice chat on PS4, I'm wondering if someone could use this method to get voice chat through headphones/headset on H Hour for PC.

Not sure I'll try in a bit if I can find an actual Headset that isn't BT in my house.  I know if you have the Sony DS4 dongle it does come up as an option however I think this is unique to That device.

Baskee.png

It's easy to attack and destroy an act of creation. It's a lot more difficult to perform one.

“If you are a gamer, take a deep breath and a moment of reflection occasionally and admire the incredible creativity of the medium you love. And if a game disappoints, provide constructive feedback, not the vitriol that is unfortunately so prevalent nowadays,”

#9 SiMpLiFiEDChAoS

SiMpLiFiEDChAoS

Lieutenant

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1553 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 January 2017 - 02:08 PM

Not sure I'll try in a bit if I can find an actual Headset that isn't BT in my house.  I know if you have the Sony DS4 dongle it does come up as an option however I think this is unique to That device.

Yeah I just wasn't sure if it was built into the controller or into the PS4 or both, both meaning the PS4 has unique hardware/software that detects the microphone/headphones being used in the controller.

#10 doctormoo

doctormoo

Private

• Active Duty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 11:34 AM

You might try checking your playback devices and recording devices on your PC. If your task bar is across the bottom of your screen, click the up arrow in the bottom right corner of your screen on the taskbar or if you can see the speaker icon you can just right click the speaker icon. When you click on the up arrow this should open a little box that will show you your internet connection and a speaker icon, along with other apps.

If you right click your speaker icon you will want to select the playback devices and recording devices to check what device you have selected as your default. In the playback devices and recording devices windows you would want to look for your headset in playback devices and headset mic(recording devices). In those windows you'll want to select your headset and headset mic and click the set as default button after selecting them. This is how you change what mic you're using and where your sound is coming from. 

Edited by doctormoo, 04 January 2017 - 11:35 AM.

#11 rotty119

rotty119

Gunny

• Active Duty
  • 261 posts
  • LocationGrant Pass OR

Posted 05 January 2017 - 12:29 PM

You might try checking your playback devices and recording devices on your PC. If your task bar is across the bottom of your screen, click the up arrow in the bottom right corner of your screen on the taskbar or if you can see the speaker icon you can just right click the speaker icon. When you click on the up arrow this should open a little box that will show you your internet connection and a speaker icon, along with other apps.

If you right click your speaker icon you will want to select the playback devices and recording devices to check what device you have selected as your default. In the playback devices and recording devices windows you would want to look for your headset in playback devices and headset mic(recording devices). In those windows you'll want to select your headset and headset mic and click the set as default button after selecting them. This is how you change what mic you're using and where your sound is coming from. 

your saying u have mics setup in a headset, with game sound coming thru your speakers separately? doesn't work on my rig...

PC FTW

q3e1bb.png

#12 RaidenXS

RaidenXS

Sergeant Major

• Kickstarter Backer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1228 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 January 2017 - 02:31 PM

your saying u have mics setup in a headset, with game sound coming thru your speakers separately? doesn't work on my rig...

Yes. He wants his audio split. Not combined. 

@LookyLooky, Is there a switch on you headset? What headset are you using?

Posted Image

#13 doctormoo

doctormoo

Private

• Active Duty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 02:38 PM

Yeah you should be able to determine what device your audio comes out of by changing your playback devices and recording devices.

#14 Suade

Suade

Admiral

• Active Duty
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5312 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 06 January 2017 - 03:17 PM

Curious about this. Not a huge deal to me but when the game is done.

I remember you could not separate the audio in H a while back. Has this now been added?
Confrontation was horrible.

#15 doctormoo

doctormoo

Private

• Active Duty
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 04:59 PM

Oops I confused the issue. I'm not sure if the PS3 head set shows up in playback devices but if it does you should be able to select the PS3 headset and both the sound and voice chat will come through the PS3 headset. If the PS3 headset does not show up in playback devices then you can't change it to output the games sound or your voice chat to your PS3 mic. As of now you can't separate your voice chat and your game sounds to output through different devices. You can only change both to come through your headset or through your tv. Sorry I forgot what the real issue was. You wanted the voice chat to only come through your head set. You don't care if the game sounds come through your tv.

#16 RaidenXS

RaidenXS

Sergeant Major

• Kickstarter Backer
  • 1228 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 January 2017 - 06:22 PM

I remember you could not separate the audio in H a while back. Has this now been added?

It's in Trello as a wish list item/no date. Safe to assume it won't be added. Maybe to the PS4 version?

https://trello.com/c/xU5Of1U1

Posted Image

#17 rotty119

rotty119

Gunny

• Active Duty
  • 261 posts
  • LocationGrant Pass OR

Posted 06 January 2017 - 08:39 PM

It should be able to be changed in-game audio settings, it's greyed out!

Edited by rotty119, 06 January 2017 - 08:39 PM.

PC FTW

q3e1bb.png

#18 rotty119

rotty119

Gunny

• Active Duty
  • 261 posts
  • LocationGrant Pass OR

Posted 06 January 2017 - 08:47 PM

It's in Trello as a wish list item/no date. Safe to assume it won't be added. Maybe to the PS4 version?

https://trello.com/c/xU5Of1U1

It's a option that needs to be addressed. People on PC, PS4, xbox or whatever platform, should be able to separate voice from game sound on which ever output u want.

PC FTW

q3e1bb.png

#19 brobst

brobst

Sergeant Major

• Active Duty
  • 1258 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, MI

Posted 06 January 2017 - 11:17 PM

I thought we had this?
People use mic all the time and I hear their game sounds through loud speakers

Sent from phone Tapa

Edited by brobst, 06 January 2017 - 11:17 PM.

...Because Quick Scope...

Best laptop ever... http://www.userbench...UserRun/2009053

My laptop is i7-3720QM @ 2.60GHz, nvidia gt650m, samsung 500gb ssd 50% utilization, 16gb ddr3

#20 rotty119

rotty119

Gunny

• Active Duty
  • 261 posts
  • LocationGrant Pass OR

Posted 07 January 2017 - 03:04 AM

ive been complaining about this since i started, 5.1 dolby digital surround sound with a mic u need two audio channels. people running turtle beach headsets or something similar have all sound blended together with mics. u should be able to split the out-puts!

for miss cookie and myself, its not available!  (default device, default communication device as per playback devices)

Edited by rotty119, 07 January 2017 - 03:08 AM.

PC FTW

q3e1bb.png