• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 Pretty Ugly

Pretty Ugly

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 01:10 AM

Hi all,

I'm an old school die hard Socom fan but also a computer gaming newb so go easy on me.

I picked up H Hour around Xmas & have yet to get into a map. Between no one on, load times, and worst of all maps not loading... I'm almost ready to give up. I've googled and read the forums, I've rebooted, downloaded and verified, still can't play.

I've downloaded the recent updates (I think) and went to properties/verify. Now when I try to joint a map (there's only 1 with any players) I see the map loading screen, I hear the music & the loading bar flashes in the bottom right corner BUT only for a few seconds and then freezes. I eventually have to hit control alt delete and end task on the non responding H Hour.

Need some help, please and thank you.

#2 RILL-KILL

RILL-KILL

Admiral

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,963 posts
  • LocationLeft Of Center

Posted 10 February 2017 - 01:40 AM

Sounds like you gotten everything up and running but not yet completed the map downloads correct?
Depending upon your connection speed and the playlist(s) selected, you might have to wait awhile before playing as most workshop maps are in various levels of optimization due to work in progress.

We have also just received a new patch that has caused a few issues regarding older areas made to enable climbing prior to the actual game supporting such animations, so... the map creators are currently updating their maps ATM to better address the patch specifics necessary.

Long story short; you might want to select only the FNF playlist for download as it should contain most if not all of the games being played during this coming Friday night game night.
Here is a quoted post with the associated links:

To stay up to date on what maps are on the servers hit subscribe all in the collections related to the servers you want to play.

Workshop Servers--4 Star Maps = http://steamcommunit...s/?id=751006762

Workshop Server - 3 STARs = http://steamcommunit...s/?id=799784894

Workshop Server - Unranked Maps = http://steamcommunit...s/?id=799791615

Friday Night Fights - http://steamcommunit...s/?id=839731325

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Policies FAQ Updates Forums New Content

(Dear community: Unless I directly quote SOFs policy and or its management stating similar, I speak only my opinion on my own behalf. Not SOFs.  ;))

#3 Pretty Ugly

Pretty Ugly

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 01:43 AM

Just tried Lynch's delete saved files tip.... managed to get into a game, thanks!

New problem, crazy lag : ( unplayable lag

#4 RILL-KILL

RILL-KILL

Admiral

• Moderators
  • 6,963 posts
  • LocationLeft Of Center

Posted 10 February 2017 - 01:44 AM

Just tried Lynch's delete saved files tip.... managed to get into a game, thanks!

New problem, crazy lag : ( unplayable lag

yeah, that might well be due to the large DL's I was referring to.
Edit: you might also want to adjust the games setting to improve your FPS. Running at the highest resolution can really cause a hit on your system depending upon system capacity and map optimizations.

..more than once have I seen people suggest queuing the DL and going to watch a show or two to let's things DL/Update. Depending on what you've queued, you might be talking in upwards of several gigabytes.

Remember we are at the creation/test/patch/test/bug report phase of the game... so, once you get stuff functionally tweaked for your rig, if you see bugs, please check out the bug section to see if it has been reported or not.

...and welcome to game & forum. ;)

(Dear community: Unless I directly quote SOFs policy and or its management stating similar, I speak only my opinion on my own behalf. Not SOFs.  ;))

#5 Pretty Ugly

Pretty Ugly

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 02:23 AM

Thanks for the feedback. I'll give FNF a try tomorrow.

I signed into my internet provider and up'd my service to the best they have. When you say "FPS" what do you mean? Clearly not first person shooter I don't think lol. What settings should I change? I had my resolution set to 1080. Just lowered it to 800 x 600, is that what you mean? What setting do you recommend.

I guess it could be a problem with my PC speed? Ram? Not being able to handle the game and not my internet provider speed? Again, I'm a PlayStation gamer and my first time trying to play games on a PC..... just got voted out from the only room up lol so might have to wait till tomorrow to try again.

Also what are most people using to play and chat? Keyboards and mouse? I managed to get a PS4 controller contacted to my PC. I have an old PS3 headset, can I connect that to my PC? Think the PS4 came with a small mic & headset you plug into the controller, do you know if that would work with H Hour?

Thanks again

Edited by Pretty Ugly, 10 February 2017 - 02:24 AM.

#6 Pretty Ugly

Pretty Ugly

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 02:49 AM

Update:

Got back in and the resolution adjustment seemed to work a bit, was able to move around somewhat normal and felt a lot less lag. Even heard someone say that my ping was much better.

Oh and FPS, frames per second ; ) makes sense now.

As for the settings would still like to know what to try, I'm playing on a roughly 4 year old PC connected to a 60' Samsung, I also have an older Mac book. I guess maybe I just need to do some trail an error?

#7 brobst

brobst

Master Sergeant

• Active Duty
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, MI

Posted 10 February 2017 - 08:33 AM

Set settings to low and lower the resolution slider. Keep the visibility set to highest. Then raise settings till you reach a conformable fps

Sent from phone Tapa

...Because Quick Scope...

Best laptop ever... http://www.userbench...UserRun/2009053

My laptop is i7-3720QM @ 2.60GHz, nvidia gt650m, samsung 500gb ssd 50% utilization, 16gb ddr3

#8 RILL-KILL

RILL-KILL

Admiral

• Moderators
  • 6,963 posts
  • LocationLeft Of Center

Posted 10 February 2017 - 09:31 AM

Set settings to low and lower the resolution slider. Keep the visibility set to highest. Then raise settings till you reach a conformable fps

Sent from phone Tapa

...might want to include detail in how to do such. ;)

Update:

Got back in and the resolution adjustment seemed to work a bit, was able to move around somewhat normal and felt a lot less lag. Even heard someone say that my ping was much better.

Oh and FPS, frames per second ; ) makes sense now.

As for the settings would still like to know what to try, I'm playing on a roughly 4 year old PC connected to a 60' Samsung, I also have an older Mac book. I guess maybe I just need to do some trail an error?

Sorry for the delay in detail Pretty, I was knocked out by a pillow. Again though, it sounds like your sorting things out well. If you need more info (and now that it's normal people time) others might have a bit more experience game wise. Hopefully they can get you better detail in all things necessary to improve the experience. ;)

#9 PaulDPearl

PaulDPearl

Vice Admiral

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,023 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 10 February 2017 - 11:49 AM

Do you have your PC's specs? It's possible you need new equipment but let's see what you have. 

Mine is in my signature. 

SigSoHhrSMALL.gif
ezwu5v-5.png
Twitch/PaulDPearl                YouTube/PaulDPearl

#10 2sik

2sik

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 12:36 PM

Do you have your PC's specs? It's possible you need new equipment but let's see what you have. 

Mine is in my signature. 

Macbooks run a duel core intel processor running anywhere from 1.5ghz to 2.5ghz.  With an onboard intel graphics card.

OP needs to spend like 500+ dollars on a brand new computer tbh.

#11 RILL-KILL

RILL-KILL

Admiral

• Moderators
  • 6,963 posts
  • LocationLeft Of Center

Posted 10 February 2017 - 12:50 PM

Mine is in my signature.

Macbooks run a duel core intel processor running anywhere from 1.5ghz to 2.5ghz. With an onboard intel graphics card.

..well, let's wait until we see what kinda rig he has first.

#12 2sik

2sik

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 12:57 PM

Mine is in my signature.

Macbooks run a duel core intel processor running anywhere from 1.5ghz to 2.5ghz. With an onboard intel graphics card.

The best macbook (over priced for $1300) has an i5 intel processor and an onboard graphics card like all macbooks.

Sorry to say but no macbook besides the 2017 one can play HHour without crumbling performance. The processor is great for the latest macbook which is super over priced, but the onboard graphics card will never allow the macbook to be a true gaming laptop.

2-GHz 6th generation Intel Core i5 processor, 8GB of memory and a 256GB PCI-e based SSD, plus Intel Iris graphics.  These are the BEST specs for a macbook that hasn't been upgraded (you're wasting money if you upgrade a macbook for whatever reason). Even with these specs, I'm willing to bet you wont see above 45fps in most cases on HHour, especially on maps like fallen, or in big gun fights with tons of people shooting at once. If me and my friends can run 1070s with FXs and still get drastically lowered framerate due to certain situations in the game, I'm 100% certain OP is going to need a new graphics card at the very least to play this game optimally.

Edited by 2sik, 10 February 2017 - 01:01 PM.

#13 SiMpLiFiEDChAoS

SiMpLiFiEDChAoS

Sergeant Major

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 February 2017 - 01:01 PM

Mine is in my signature.

The best macbook (over priced for $1300) has an i5 intel processor and an onboard graphics card like all macbooks.

Sorry to say but no macbook besides the 2017 one can play HHour without crumbling performance. The processor is great for the latest macbook which is super over priced, but the onboard graphics card will never allow the macbook to be a true gaming laptop.

If an NVIDIA GTX 960 SSC can't hold 60fps on H Hour (yet, without optimization) I believe you're right, my graphics card isn't amazing but it's good enough to run maximum on pretty much every game I play (besides H Hour)

TheInfamous.jpg

#14 2sik

2sik

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 01:02 PM

If an NVIDIA GTX 960 SSC can't hold 60fps on H Hour (yet, without optimization) I believe you're right, my graphics card isn't amazing but it's good enough to run maximum on pretty much every game I play (besides H Hour)

Try a GTX 1070 buddy. Framerates literally drop to below 30fps sometimes when the Map/server gets laggy.

#15 PaulDPearl

PaulDPearl

Vice Admiral

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,023 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 10 February 2017 - 01:47 PM

Try a GTX 1070 buddy. Framerates literally drop to below 30fps sometimes when the Map/server gets laggy.

what is your CPU? Mine runs great and I have a four year old PC. 

Perhaps I'm not as picky with FPS though it's running a good average of 60FPS (love the 2K FPS in the menus).

SigSoHhrSMALL.gif
ezwu5v-5.png
Twitch/PaulDPearl                YouTube/PaulDPearl

#16 2sik

2sik

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 01:59 PM

https://www.sofstudi...015/?hl=minimum

From SOFStudio directly.

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 or AMD X3 8750 processor or better

I have an FX-9590 overclocked at 5.4 ghz.  Despite my cpu far exceeding the minimum or recommended specs, I still clearly have CPU related performance issues with this game. My friend has the same issue, Nextech has a FX 8320 or something close to mine. He also has a GTX 1070, we both get around 120+ fps normally but due to the CPU we drop down to 20fps or less sometimes....

I understand the Vishera core is terrible, but the dramatic performance decrease under CPU heavy situations needs to be addressed. SOFStudios needs to either change their recommended/minimum specs to more accurately represent the current game,  or extreme optimizations need to be done to the number of particles visible on screen and number of polygons/assets allowed on custom maps.

Also I told Spazzbrown this. Factory fps is almost unplayable. Due to the number of particles on screen (rain drops) I lag below 20FPS when spinning my camera around. All of my hardware is top notch, everything is being cooled properly and voltage is proper, I've stress tested my build multiple times. I've been building computers since the early 2000s and I'm positive this game has poor optimization hence why us using AMD Cpus are having performance problems. The CPU in a game typically takes a big role when you have numerous things to load. Especially particles and face count on models. Theres absolutely no way this game can have a minimum spec of X3 8750.

#17 2sik

2sik

Corporal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 02:02 PM

what is your CPU? Mine runs great and I have a four year old PC. 

Perhaps I'm not as picky with FPS though it's running a good average of 60FPS (love the 2K FPS in the menus).

That's because you're running a haswell or skylake cpu model. The per-core performance for your cpu is much better than AMDs. There are intel cpus from the 5th generation that can out perform us AMD users. Sadly AMD CPUs have serious per-core performance issues. It's not a problem for many games, but this game like I said has poor optimization issues when it comes to particle effects.

#18 brobst

brobst

Master Sergeant

• Active Duty
  • 908 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, MI

Posted 10 February 2017 - 02:50 PM

I was going to say, my laptop specs are in my sig and I can play just fine. You just need to compromise settings

Sent from phone Tapa

My laptop is i7-3720QM @ 2.60GHz, nvidia gt650m, samsung 500gb ssd 50% utilization, 16gb ddr3

#19 Pretty Ugly

Pretty Ugly

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 03:16 PM

Thanks again for all the feed back, love how passionate you guys are for this game... Gives me some Socom hope!

Was able to adjust the PS4 controller sensitivity today and play around a bit. It was a dark map and with settings so low I wasn't able to see much detail. Not giving up tho!

Here's what I found for my specs (again new to PC gaming):

Windows 10

AMD Phenom™ II x4 830 Processor 2.80 GHz

6GB Ram

64 bit op system

Video card? AMD Radeon HD 5450

I also have a MAC book that I could try to play on, I think? It's specs are:

OS X El Capitan

2.53 GHz Intel Core Duo

4GB

NVIDIAGeForce 9400M 256MB

Thoughts? Thanks again guys!

PU

#20 brobst

brobst

Master Sergeant

• Active Duty
  • 908 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, MI

Posted 10 February 2017 - 03:44 PM

I got plenty of tricks for fps maximization on lower end systems. Hopefully we can chat over the weekend and get you up and running

Sent from phone Tapa