Master Sergeant

• President
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • LocationSouthern Pines, North Carolina

Posted 13 February 2017 - 12:29 PM

Hello H-Hour Community!

Around the Studio:

Happy to announce we have a new team member starting with our development team in the next week.  Ahmed has agreed to take on map 6 for H-Hour.  He is an avid SOCOMer, a recent game development program graduate and he is currently employed with a game studio so this will be a part-time passion project for him.  Most will be familiar with his skills through his workshop map, Fallen.  He is a talented fellow who will be a great addition to the team.

Patch News:

The development team released a very large patch last week that included new content such as an upgrade to almost all or our character’s appearance and camos, a new “spoils of war” feature, the ability to scoop throwables such as grenades, flashbangs and smoke along with many bug fixes, including some very old ones.  For more information on what was in the patch, check our patch notes.

We saw some reaction from the community with bug fix# 001. This affected some workshop maps and the team notified the mappers 10 days prior to the patch so they could begin to review their maps.  Since the patch the team has worked closely with the mapping community testing workshop maps, removing those needing fixes from the servers, pointing out areas where correction was needed and then testing new builds provided. As maps are cleared, they have been returned to the server rotations.  All mappers involved were contacted, most responded though a few have not.  A big thank you goes out to those mappers who did respond and cooperated with the team by fixing or starting the work needed to get their maps back on the servers.

Some have asked why we fixed this bug so I will provide a short explanation for everyone.
  • This bug was a glitch that allowed players to hang off, or stand on, invisible ledges or gain access to areas that were not intended by the map designers. Development’s primary focus needs to be on crash bugs and glitches as these affects gameplay.  Most do not like glitches as they provide an unfair advantage to the few.  Notable is that some of the workshop mappers informed us they would not be reintroducing access to certain areas on their maps reported to them this weekend as they never intended players to have access to those areas.
  • As many saw, this bug fix affected player travel (walk and jump) on objects and ladders.  With replacement animations and new animations planned for the game, there was an urgent need to fix this bug now so the animation rollout would not be affected and future fixes would not be required.  We only want to do this once.

H-Hour is a work in progress and will be until the day the community development team puts the “Ready for Full Release” flag on the title.  This means new content will be added, changes to existing content will happen and some new ideas or concepts will be tested.  We are open to “constructive” feedback.  We understand change can be difficult but ask that the community also understand that development must progress if we are to meet our goal of a PS4 release.

This month for the Development Team:

February is a busy month for the team.  Our primary focus will be on cleanup of old character, skeleton, ragdoll and animation content so we are organized and ready to begin a migration to a new skeleton and start work on changing the current in game animations. This will be a multi-month effort to completely address and as mentioned in an earlier article, we must fix the current content before we move on to introducing new animations.  

Once production completes their support work for animations, they will begin moving map 5 into our source files later this month so we can begin working closely with Self on refining his map, its flow and content.  This will be the first opportunity for the team to work together on map 5 and everyone is excited to start the process.

While he waits on the team, Self has been busy creating props for his map and I am adding a few pictures of his WORK IN PROGRESS models below. He does sometimes stream when he is modeling so for anyone interested, you should follow his Twitch channel.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Click here to view the article

#2 RILL-KILL

RILL-KILL

Admiral

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7084 posts
  • LocationLeft Of Center

Posted 13 February 2017 - 01:29 PM

Community discussion can be found: here

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Policies FAQ Updates Forums New Content

(Dear community: Unless I directly quote SOFs policy and or its management stating similar, I speak only my opinion on my own behalf. Not SOFs.  ;))