#1 SomeoneYouKnow

SomeoneYouKnow

Recruit

• Active Duty
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 02:38 PM

Hey Guys

Uninstalled HHour from one drive and tried to install to another. The workshop content didn't get uninstalled from the first drive so I went in and manually deleted some stuff (big mistake). Now when I reinstall (on either drive), the game can't find any of the workshop maps even thought it downloads and installs all workshop content again. Any way to reset everything and go back to square one for a fresh reinstall so my workshop maps will work again?

Thanks

Someone

#2 Vice_President

Vice_President

Major

• Dev Testing Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,533 posts
  • LocationLFoD

Posted 16 February 2017 - 02:58 PM

You are going to have to unsub from all maps then delete the local content on you computer located in 2 locations as outlined by SelflessOne in this post. (https://www.sofstudi...nsubscribe-too/)

Then go ahead and resub to all the maps. 

Posted Image

\=Posted Image

#3 AlphaMale

AlphaMale

Master Chief

• Dev Testing Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 03:11 PM

I went in and manually deleted some stuff

What and where exactly?

Here's the deal...  By default, the following are true:

Steam stores your H-Hour Game here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\H-Hour Worlds Elite

Steam stores your H-Hour Game "User" content here (this survives uninstalls without manual deletion):

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\H-Hour Worlds Elite\HHourGame\Saved

Steam stores your subscribed/updated workshop content for H-Hour here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\293220

H-Hour tries to "identify" your Steam Workshop folder above, and automagically merge in workshop stuff to these two locations:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\H-Hour Worlds Elite\HHourGame\Content\Maps\Workshop

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\H-Hour Worlds Elite\HHourGame\Content\WorkshopContent

If you're looking to move H-Hour to another (non-default) location, your best bet is to:

1. Uninstall H-Hour Via Steam
  2. Nuke C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\H-Hour Worlds Elite
  3. Reinstall H-Hour through steam specifying the new desired location

In a perfect world....  When you first launch H-Hour, you shouldn't have to re-subscribe or download anything (workshop related), as it is still sitting in the Steam's Workshop folder.  You just have to patiently wait for the game to copy all of those GBs of files from the SteamWorkshop folder in to the Games new location.  Yes, that means that anyworkshop content you subscribe too exists twice on your computer.  There's no way around it.

Now...  Depending on how buggered your files are at this point, you may want to do a full blown reset of it all.... This will be painful because it means you're going to have to reacquire all of those workshop items.

1. Uninstall H-Hour from Steam
  2. Exit Steam
  3. Nuke your H-Hour directory (wherever it is)
  4. Nuke C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\293220
  5. Nuke the file C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\appworkshop_293220.acf
  6. Launch Steam
  7. Re-install H-Hour (but do NOT launch it!)
  8. Try and see if steam is redownloading your workshop stuff, or at least, check on some of the workshop items to see whether or not you're still subscribed to them.  My guess is...  you'll still be subscribed, and steam will notice all of the local content is gone and start re-downloading it.
    WAIT UNTIL STEAM IS DONE DOWNLOADING THE WORKSHOP ITEMS.  Sorry for the caps, but if you skim over this and jump ahead, you can easily find yourself in the exact same situation.
  9. After and ONLY after steam is done and twiddling its thumbs....  Launch H-Hour
  10. Be patient, oh dear lawd please be patient.  your system has to literally copy all of that workshop stuff in to the game's location.  Lets say you're doing this with a pair of old fashioned spinning HDDs (not SSDs)...  It could take in the neighborhood of an hour to transfer depending on your system's speed.
    Fortunately...  the game has that "Synchronizing Steam Content" thingy that displays in the beginning to let you know it's doing this..  So once that message is gone, try to get in to a room.

Now lets say in the future, something goes sideways with your game's copy of workshop and Steam's...  (I actually had this happen the other day).

Don't go uninstall crazy...  Just nuke those two Workshop folders from the GAME (not steam)..  Here they are again (adjust the directory according to wherever you stuck the game):

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\H-Hour Worlds Elite\HHourGame\Content\Maps\Workshop

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\H-Hour Worlds Elite\HHourGame\Content\WorkshopContent

When you relaunch the game, it will get a fresh sync from what steam already has on your computer (no need to remove/reinstall and redownload stuff).

I'd rather be good than lucky any day.
Unfortunately, I'm just not that good.

#4 Vice_President

Vice_President

Major

• Dev Testing Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,533 posts
  • LocationLFoD

Posted 16 February 2017 - 03:24 PM

Steam stores your subscribed/updated workshop content for H-Hour here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\293220

H-Hour tries to "identify" your Steam Workshop folder above, and automagically merge in workshop stuff to these two locations:

He should be good Unsubbing from all content in steam then nuking the files from your post I have quoted above. Best try that than spend the time uninstalling first. 

Posted Image

\=Posted Image

#5 SomeoneYouKnow

SomeoneYouKnow

Recruit

• Active Duty
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 04:57 PM

Wow thanks so much for both these detailed posts. I will go ahead and tinker with this. I'm sure I'll get it working again. Thank you both again. I'll update when I've got it figured out.

#6 EѴiL.™

EѴiL.™

Lieutenant

• Active Duty
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 08:49 AM

Alpha is the man.

Be apart of the solution, not the problem. Tweet me your vids, posts, and streams @EViLGLENi

MASTER BUG LISTPATCH NOTES BY QUARTER . THE ROAD MAP . FAQ

(Show support or abort!!!)