49 replies to this topic

#1 sukmyturban

sukmyturban

Gunny

• Kickstarter Gunny+
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:57 AM

Whats up fellas. Yes, this is the real SUKMYTURBAN and not some imposter. You can verify it on my youtube channel if you'd like. youtube.com/blackwido88  I just wanted to chime in and let everybody know that I've been getting messages about this game from lots of people, so I thought it would be best if I lended a hand in spreading the word about it. Also, I wanted to formally introduce myself to Mr David Sears. (If he's reading this of course) and tell my Socom story and why it's important to me.

Well, I'm obviously a die hard Socom fan. You'd know this if you've visited my channel in the last 4 or 5 years. I'm very psyched about this announcement, because honestly I threw in the towel a while back. I did everything I could possibly think of to rally up people to wake Zipper up, but they didn't listen. (hence the closure of Zippy) Anyway, I'm a little bummed that this is a PC game (for now), but I'm just gonna have to invest in a little better PC I guess. I hope it works out for all of our sakes, and ultimately I hope it makes it to the PS4 console soon.

It is my honest opinion that Socom kept me from getting shot and killed out here in L.A. as a young adult. Opportunities were all around me to go hang out with my friends that were up to no good, and I gladly passed up many of them for a VERY LONG NIGHT of Socom with my buds. True story: One night, coming home I almost got shot up trying to hurry up and get in the house so I could play Socom. Car pulls up and hits me up (asking what gang I was from essentially), and for whatever reason they simply left me alone. I quickly changed my shorts, AND PLAYED SOCOM ALL NIGHT MOFOS!!

Well, I thought I had more time to introduce myself, but I gotta get up early in the a.m for work. I got my old job back that pays much more than my last one, so you can expect to see my pledge of 75 minimum. My only hope is that you guys keep the core gameplay in tact. I don't mind added features like prone roll etc...but this will be a huge disappointment if the core mechanics of character movement aren't implemented. i.e. (1st and 3rd person view, dive to prone, jump to climb, independent lean, camera placement not so close that I can't see my enemies, character knockdowns from shotguns and explosions etc...) Keep it Socom, and I'll be broadcasting this title as loud as I can. Good luck David and Conner.

dancingsig_zpsa2110b6b.gif

#2 SOF Studios

SOF Studios

Master Chief

• IT & Admin Support
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:27 AM

you can expect to see my pledge of 75 minimum. My only hope is that you guys keep the core gameplay in tact.

"It will feel like a warm blanket" - DOCTORBOOM

After you pledge, you may find this tool useful: http://j.mp/11VwDMA Welcome back Turban, and thank you for your support!

#3 FantastiQ

FantastiQ

Sergeant Major

• Kickstarter Gunny+
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:16 AM

I thought Turban's videos were always very creative, hopefully he can help us spread the word out, thank you!

j8sm.jpg

Please subscribe to my H-Hour YouTube channel in hopes of spreading the word about H-Hour in English/Portuguese

http://www.youtube.c...-a4STkpEA7DYs-g

#4 iShotiiKillz

iShotiiKillz

Sergeant Major

• Kickstarter Gunny+
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:13 AM

Nice intro, even made me Lol a few times.

Watched just about every one of this guys video's. He is the truth.

Out of shooter retirement -- Socom lives on through H Hour -- R.I.P 2005-2013 -- Godbless 2013.

#5 Newbold3D

Newbold3D

Master Chief

• Kickstarter Gunny+
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationNottingham, UK

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:45 AM

Hoping this is the real turban!

He's got 12k subscribers on his youtube mainly socom fans so some videos from you turban would be great! I use to absolutely love watching them! Your a funny guy man!

#6 ManKind

ManKind

Senior Chief

• Kickstarter Gunny+
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:15 AM

Glad to see Turban is on board for this. I'm hoping to see a youtube video from him promoting H-Hour

#7 Z*O*S O

Z*O*S O

Lieutenant

• Kickstarter Gunny+
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,695 posts
  • Location0klahoma City

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:28 AM

I remember watching your you tube videos on constipation, and you were right on. That game sucked so bad and you echoed our frustrations and outrage.  Good stuff.  You should make a vid and help out the cause. 

Posted Image

#8 TOMBSTONE4U

TOMBSTONE4U

Sergeant Major

• Private Forum Access
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:22 AM

Hey Turb, I had sent you a message on youtube for two reasons, one was to make a video for this game if you found time, but mostly I was wanting to check up and make sure you're still alive cause you've been MIA for awhile lol. Glad to see you're doing well and back with your old job. Hope the fam is doing well.

#9 Z-Machine

Z-Machine

Recruit

• Kickstarter Gunny+
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:26 AM

Dude, your passion for a tactical shooter game is second to none. Love your vids. I can actually say I'm a fan.

Posted Image

#10 FantastiQ

FantastiQ

Sergeant Major

• Kickstarter Gunny+
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:39 AM

This game really needs some extra help to get funded, I believe Turban will be great help!

j8sm.jpg

Please subscribe to my H-Hour YouTube channel in hopes of spreading the word about H-Hour in English/Portuguese

#11 PAZ

PAZ

Gamer

• Kickstarter Gunny+
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationCANADA

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:50 AM

Your constructive criticism has always been very entertaining in the past, welcome to the forums man.

#12 Connor Thomas

Connor Thomas

Senior Chief

• Infinite Hero
  • 306 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:43 PM

Whats up fellas. Yes, this is the real SUKMYTURBAN and not some imposter. You can verify it on my youtube channel if you'd like. youtube.com/blackwido88  I just wanted to chime in and let everybody know that I've been getting messages about this game from lots of people, so I thought it would be best if I lended a hand in spreading the word about it. Also, I wanted to formally introduce myself to Mr David Sears. (If he's reading this of course) and tell my Socom story and why it's important to me.

Well, I'm obviously a die hard Socom fan. You'd know this if you've visited my channel in the last 4 or 5 years. I'm very psyched about this announcement, because honestly I threw in the towel a while back. I did everything I could possibly think of to rally up people to wake Zipper up, but they didn't listen. (hence the closure of Zippy) Anyway, I'm a little bummed that this is a PC game (for now), but I'm just gonna have to invest in a little better PC I guess. I hope it works out for all of our sakes, and ultimately I hope it makes it to the PS4 console soon.

It is my honest opinion that Socom kept me from getting shot and killed out here in L.A. as a young adult. Opportunities were all around me to go hang out with my friends that were up to no good, and I gladly passed up many of them for a VERY LONG NIGHT of Socom with my buds. True story: One night, coming home I almost got shot up trying to hurry up and get in the house so I could play Socom. Car pulls up and hits me up (asking what gang I was from essentially), and for whatever reason they simply left me alone. I quickly changed my shorts, AND PLAYED SOCOM ALL NIGHT MOFOS!!

Well, I thought I had more time to introduce myself, but I gotta get up early in the a.m for work. I got my old job back that pays much more than my last one, so you can expect to see my pledge of 75 minimum. My only hope is that you guys keep the core gameplay in tact. I don't mind added features like prone roll etc...but this will be a huge disappointment if the core mechanics of character movement aren't implemented. i.e. (1st and 3rd person view, dive to prone, jump to climb, independent lean, camera placement not so close that I can't see my enemies, character knockdowns from shotguns and explosions etc...) Keep it Socom, and I'll be broadcasting this title as loud as I can. Good luck David and Conner.

Hey Turban.....Thanks for the shout out!  I need your help. 

Contact me on Twitter @MSGCT or here...

Posted Image

#13 iShotiiKillz

iShotiiKillz

Sergeant Major

• Kickstarter Gunny+
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:50 PM

Fo realz.

Out of shooter retirement -- Socom lives on through H Hour -- R.I.P 2005-2013 -- Godbless 2013.

#14 ManKind

ManKind

Senior Chief

• Kickstarter Gunny+
  • 303 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:01 PM

Hey Turban.....Thanks for the shout out!  I need your help. 

Contact me on Twitter @MSGCT or here...

6xOxW9C.gif

#15 TRE

TRE

Sergeant Major

• Kickstarter Gunny+
  • 1,275 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MO

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:05 PM

**** just got real.

We got Turban in the house. Spread the word with a video on your channel. Get them all here ASAP! Love you brother and it's relieving to have you here.

Veteran of SOCOM 2

#16 DeadlySurvivor

DeadlySurvivor

Corporal

• Kickstarter Backer
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationSayre,PA

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:27 PM

Welcome :)

Posted Image
Twitter: -@DeadlySurvivor3 Call me Deadly or My name Cody.

#17 FantastiQ

FantastiQ

Sergeant Major

• Kickstarter Gunny+
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:28 PM

I would like to know when could we expect a video from Turban regarding the game? Thank you.

j8sm.jpg

#18 iShotiiKillz

iShotiiKillz

Sergeant Major

• Kickstarter Gunny+
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:10 PM

#19 RILL-KILL

RILL-KILL

Vice Admiral

• Kickstarter Gunny+
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,850 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:59 PM

6xOxW9C.gif

lol +1

Has Boomer been rehabilitated? Or is he still missing his targets and getting in the way of the camera?

(confused by this question? Click the above link and jump to 2:22 or so)

#20 Fighting Phantom

Fighting Phantom

Captain

• Kickstarter Gunny+
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:49 AM

Welcome to da club!

rushdie_wazzup_homie.jpg

wazzup.jpg

I.D.I.B  EpicSaxGuyAnimation.gif