#1 RosieRascal

RosieRascal

Dev & Steam Support

• Dev Support
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,751 posts
  • LocationPrince Edward Island, Canada

Posted 19 September 2015 - 02:06 PM

I will be bringing servers down starting at 330PM EST to release the latest patch. The outages will roll through the datacentres one by one over a 30-40 minute timeframe so individual offline time will be minimal. Remember to grab your update by restarting Steam once the servers begin appearing again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Patch Notes - 19 September 2015, Release 2.3.1.9

In this update, we diverted from our original planned workload to address an issue with wall clipping that has become a major irritant for the community, added some very interesting new content/features for Factory, finished the testing of our new anti-cheat to a point it is ready for testing by larger numbers and did a few other tweaks. Details on next week's plans will be part of Monday's quick look so stay tuned.

New/Adjusted Features:

Anti-cheat –

The studio is proud to announce the integration of a highly respected anti-cheat into H-Hour to supplement the protection provided by VAC. PunkBuster™ is the original Anti-Cheat system for online multiplayer games. In the past only AAA games were able to use these tools in the daily battle against cheats but we reached out and arranged to bring you the best tool we could find. Evenbalance's goal in creating this software is to keep the playing field as even as possible so that PunkBuster-enabled games are played the way they were meant to be played. For more information on Punkbuster, you can visit their site here:
http://www.evenbalance.com/

This is the first implementation of PunkBuster on UE4 so expect there will be adjustments and additional tweaks to follow. For your install ease, once you download the patch, Punkbuster should automatically install. Make sure you agree to the terms in order to load the application properly as without these files, you will not be able to play on our servers any longer. Should the application not install, you can manually run it by going to Steam/steamapps/common/H-Hour Worlds Elite, right clicking on pbsvc.exe and selecting Run as Administrator.

Wall clipping--

To address this issue a first pass fix was introduced that will now push your weapon down and away from solid objects, cause your crosshair to go grey (indicating it is inactive) and in this mode force weapon fire to come from the muzzle vs the crosshair. Additional work will be done on this next week to further tweak and remove any potential for gain in this practice.

NVG--

The devs snuck a surprise in for everyone to try out.......... First pass night vision goggles are now available on your scroll wheel while in Factory. Tweaks and sound effects will come in a future builds. Our plan is to have this feature available in H-Hour night maps only.

Factory --

• The team had some fun in Factory this week placing mannequins and parts in the most unusual of places. Have a close look around. A new tunnel has been added to make sneaking up on the objectives easier and protecting them just a little bit more difficult. Watch your back!
  • Some more shootable lights have been added.
  • Lighting in some rooms has been enhanced including in the shipping building interior.
  • Collision fixes to some props added last week and some additional tower, electrical, pipe props added.
  • Vert painting on all buildings and some enhanced materials added.

Animation--

• Terrorist no longer turns 90 degrees on opening doors. Additional plant animation fixes will follow when ready.
  • Fixed bug with pistol aim blendspace having the animation for run assigned to what should have been the walk animation.

Rosie%20Rascal%20sig.png

#2 SpabRog

SpabRog

Sergeant Major

• Active Duty
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 02:18 PM

Oh ****, I can't wait to get home. Good little patch, wasn't expecting much, with that said, can we lower smg damage to do 12% at the body per hit instead of 24+

Checkout our chat server, we have had over (*113*) players check us out, and full TEAM(S) all week. Check out our post for more info. Please remember to set a push to talk button in the settings menu. 
(PLEASE SAVE THIS SIG, IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO PROMOTE THIS INFO)
Check out the Reddit forums, and PLEASE TAKE THIS SURVEY. View all the results here.

#3 mostru24

mostru24

Gunny

• Active Duty
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 02:18 PM

Rosie muchas gracias seguir con el buen trabajo.punkbuster es un señor anticheat yeaaaaa.cada semana h hour se hace mas grande.estais en el buen camino gracias i love h hour

#4 EagleF15

EagleF15

Lieutenant General

• Active Duty
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,543 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 02:27 PM

Nice!! Will check it out tonight!! G^

#5 Nikita

Nikita

Lieutenant

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 02:30 PM

Very excited to explore the new additions to Factory with the NVG!  

#6 ralphcs

ralphcs

Gunny

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 19 September 2015 - 03:04 PM

I always found punkbuster to be annoying. In the future will some servers not require punkbuster like other games do? For example the servers that we can have on our own that you mentioned a while back? Also maybe unranked games?

#7 AlphaMale

AlphaMale

Master Chief

• Dev Testing Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 03:18 PM

One of the best patches!

I'd rather be good than lucky any day.
Unfortunately, I'm just not that good.

#8 lilchronic

lilchronic

Sergeant

• Active Duty
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 03:23 PM

Weapons are still crap cant hit S&%* even when the cross hiar is right on the guy. you have to have bad aim to get a kill. Thats how it feels   i get kills that im not even sure how i killed the person. then when i have the crosshair right on him i miss.  

Edited by lilchronic, 19 September 2015 - 03:24 PM.

-Current PC specs -  Intel I7 5820k @ 4.5Ghz CPU - 16GB G.skill DDR4 3000Mhz @ 3200Mhz  - NVIDIA GTX Titan-X GPU - Motherboard - X99 soc champion - 1x Acer Predator 2560x1440 144Hz G-SYNC Monitor

#9 MADDENKING1980

MADDENKING1980

Gunny

• Kickstarter Backer
  • 253 posts
  • LocationRavenna Ohio

Posted 19 September 2015 - 03:27 PM

Sound like a good patch,  I like that you guys are expanding the tunnels in Factory and working on some of the "bugs".   Will play after the OSU Buckeye game is over :)

#10 lilchronic

lilchronic

Sergeant

• Active Duty
  • 138 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 03:29 PM

FIX THE GUNS! 

-Current PC specs -  Intel I7 5820k @ 4.5Ghz CPU - 16GB G.skill DDR4 3000Mhz @ 3200Mhz  - NVIDIA GTX Titan-X GPU - Motherboard - X99 soc champion - 1x Acer Predator 2560x1440 144Hz G-SYNC Monitor

#11 MADDENKING1980

MADDENKING1980

Gunny

• Kickstarter Backer
  • 253 posts
  • LocationRavenna Ohio

Posted 19 September 2015 - 03:31 PM

Weapons are still crap cant hit S&%* even when the cross hiar is right on the guy. you have to have bad aim to get a kill. Thats how it feels   i get kills that im not even sure how i killed the person. then when i have the crosshair right on him i miss.  

I noticed that last night,  I use the AK74 and M4A1, the accuracy of those guns is horrible.  

Edited by MADDENKING1980, 19 September 2015 - 03:31 PM.

#12 AlphaMale

AlphaMale

Master Chief

• Dev Testing Team
  • 434 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 03:32 PM

Gun changes weren't mentioned in the notes, so no change from previous would be expected.

As for the cross hairs, as long as the target is within the recticle "halo", its fair game.  If the bullets went to the dot every-time, well, there'd be a lot of head-shots and short lives.

That halo is to denote that random "range" that bullets can go.  Think of it as your potential "grouping" for those that go to the range.

So, you may not get a head-shot even with your reticle dead-on..  likewise, you can still get a head-shot without the reticle being dead on as well.

Edited by AlphaMale, 19 September 2015 - 05:21 PM.

I'd rather be good than lucky any day.
Unfortunately, I'm just not that good.

#13 lilchronic

lilchronic

Sergeant

• Active Duty
  • 138 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 03:58 PM

Gun Changes weren't added  but they need to be.  ASAP

#14 Bazzer

Bazzer

Master Chief

• Members
  • 681 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 04:26 PM

No gun changes, no point playing.

#15 EagleF15

EagleF15

Lieutenant General

• Active Duty
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,543 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 04:37 PM

I never have a problem shooting or killing people!?!? Exaggeration is real!

#16 ralphcs

ralphcs

Gunny

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 19 September 2015 - 04:37 PM

Anyone know what they mean in this one?

Fixed bug with pistol aim blendspace having the animation for run assigned to what should have been the walk animation.

#17 Suade

Suade

Admiral

• Active Duty
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,141 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis

Posted 19 September 2015 - 04:51 PM

Anyone know what they mean in this one?

Fixed bug with pistol aim blendspace having the animation for run assigned to what should have been the walk animation.[/size]

No but I had a weird glitch with the changestancepressed button. Normally if you click over and over you go from crouch to stand but I had a round where it also switched to prone so there were 3 actions I could repeat. Maybe a one off and will never happen again. I couldn't repeat it but maybe it had something to do with fixing the pistol bug? Just throwing it out there.

I noticed a few times in factory while approaching a corner I would glitch backwards like 3 ft. Out of nowhere. Maybe just lag but that's never happened to me before.

Otherwise I think the patch is great. The Nightvision looks amazing and better than Socom had it. The short cut through the tunnel is awesome too. It just makes the map even better.

I like the change in the sewing room and the extra mannequins are cool.

The only other issue I've seen so far is the first mannequin in the seals tunnel closest to the spawn. You can't move to the left side of it and shoot. The crosshairs stay gray even with a clear shot. Also shooting out of windows is blocked unless you move to first person before you touch the wall. (Some windows you can only shoot out of if you are in first person) not really a big deal at all and I know there will be more work and its good to stop the shooting through walls.

I'm really hoping breach drops along with the next map. Guessing and hoping Factory is going to get even better when that comes with those breach walls.

Another great step fwd with this patch. Yeah still a lot of work to do with everything but it's coming along.

Edited by Suade, 19 September 2015 - 04:55 PM.

Abort, report.

#18 ralphcs

ralphcs

Gunny

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 19 September 2015 - 05:11 PM

factory wouldn't work with breach,its way too small and the way it's designed won't make sense with breach.

#19 MADDENKING1980

MADDENKING1980

Gunny

• Kickstarter Backer
  • 253 posts
  • LocationRavenna Ohio

Posted 19 September 2015 - 05:12 PM

The gunplay isn't as bad as it was when I first started beta testing,  it just seems the SMGs are better at mid-long range shots then the ARs.  It shouldn't be like that.

#20 ralphcs

ralphcs

Gunny

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 19 September 2015 - 05:13 PM

The gunplay isn't as bad as it was when I first started beta testing,  it just seems the SMGs are better at mid-long range shots then the ARs.  It shouldn't be like that.

Yea the subs all need a range nerf badly and accuracy range nerf as well. Also it feels like spraying rewards you,need to work on that.