I will be bringing servers down starting at 330PM EST to release the latest patch. The outages will roll through the datacentres one by one over a 30-40 minute timeframe so individual offline time will be minimal. Remember to grab your update by restarting Steam once the servers begin appearing again.
Patch Notes - 19 September 2015, Release 18.104.22.168
In this update, we diverted from our original planned workload to address an issue with wall clipping that has become a major irritant for the community, added some very interesting new content/features for Factory, finished the testing of our new anti-cheat to a point it is ready for testing by larger numbers and did a few other tweaks. Details on next week's plans will be part of Monday's quick look so stay tuned.
The studio is proud to announce the integration of a highly respected anti-cheat into H-Hour to supplement the protection provided by VAC. PunkBuster™ is the original Anti-Cheat system for online multiplayer games. In the past only AAA games were able to use these tools in the daily battle against cheats but we reached out and arranged to bring you the best tool we could find. Evenbalance's goal in creating this software is to keep the playing field as even as possible so that PunkBuster-enabled games are played the way they were meant to be played. For more information on Punkbuster, you can visit their site here:
This is the first implementation of PunkBuster on UE4 so expect there will be adjustments and additional tweaks to follow. For your install ease, once you download the patch, Punkbuster should automatically install. Make sure you agree to the terms in order to load the application properly as without these files, you will not be able to play on our servers any longer. Should the application not install, you can manually run it by going to Steam/steamapps/common/H-Hour Worlds Elite, right clicking on pbsvc.exe and selecting Run as Administrator.
To address this issue a first pass fix was introduced that will now push your weapon down and away from solid objects, cause your crosshair to go grey (indicating it is inactive) and in this mode force weapon fire to come from the muzzle vs the crosshair. Additional work will be done on this next week to further tweak and remove any potential for gain in this practice.
The devs snuck a surprise in for everyone to try out.......... First pass night vision goggles are now available on your scroll wheel while in Factory. Tweaks and sound effects will come in a future builds. Our plan is to have this feature available in H-Hour night maps only.
- The team had some fun in Factory this week placing mannequins and parts in the most unusual of places. Have a close look around. A new tunnel has been added to make sneaking up on the objectives easier and protecting them just a little bit more difficult. Watch your back!
- Some more shootable lights have been added.
- Lighting in some rooms has been enhanced including in the shipping building interior.
- Collision fixes to some props added last week and some additional tower, electrical, pipe props added.
- Vert painting on all buildings and some enhanced materials added.
- Terrorist no longer turns 90 degrees on opening doors. Additional plant animation fixes will follow when ready.
- Fixed bug with pistol aim blendspace having the animation for run assigned to what should have been the walk animation.